As part of a daily routine, it is important to practice good personal hygiene to include: showering, combing hair, brushing teeth, and frequent hand washing. Please contact nursing staff for assistance with any of these tasks or any needed additional toiletries. Patients are asked to help clean up after themselves and keep patient rooms picked up and neat. Clean linens are available from housekeeping staff.
What to Bring
- Crescent Pines Hospital patients should wear comfortable clothes and are not required to wear hospital gowns.
- Clothing and other items can be dropped off at the reception desk from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
- Patients will need casual clothes, pajamas, and toiletries including:
- Shaving cream
- Hair combs and brushes
- Other necessities
- Hats and sunglasses may be worn outdoors only.
- Generally, patients should bring clothing for approximately five days. A laundry room is available for patient use.
All items will be searched prior to entering the unit. The nursing staff will be happy to answer any questions concerning items patients can or cannot have on the unit.
Clothing that is not allowed includes:
- Clothing with drug, alcohol, sexual, satanic, or gang-related messages
- Clothing that is revealing such as tube tops, halter tops, fishnet shirts, short shorts, or clothing which is extremely tight.
Additional items not allowed on the units include:
- Belts, shoelaces, and drawstrings
- Lighters, matches, butane lighters
- Food and drink from outside of the hospital
- Objects with sharp edges and points including scissors and loose razor blades
- Glass items including mirrors, flower vases, perfume and aftershave bottles
- Cell phones, camera cell phones, and pagers
- Cameras and tape recording devices
- Video and cassette tapes, DVDs and CDs
- Prescription and over the counter medications, unless with physician order Alcohol and items containing alcohol including mouthwash
- Dental floss
- Spray and aerosol cans
- Glue, White-Out, Crazy Glue, etc
- Street drugs and/or paraphernalia
- Weapons, including knives
- Wire clothes hangers
In addition, the following items are considered as unsafe and must be reported to the charge nurse or mental health assistant (MHA) immediately before entering the unit:
- Curling irons, hot curlers, and hair dryers
- Sewing equipment including crochet needles
- Nail polish and remover
- Make-up including compacts with mirrors
- Safety pins, tweezers, nail files and clippers
- Disposable and electric razor